FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (PART TIME - 20 hrs pw)
Financial Controller/Experienced Management Accountant
Our client are leaders in financial recruitment based in the City and are looking for a financial controller / experienced management accountant to work approximately 20 hours per week from both their City office (1 day) and from home.
Responsible for the efforts and results of the finance function. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Day-to-day overseeing staff responsible for finance operations.
Responsible for working with company management to help them make management decisions. Helps management use financial information to inform business strategy. Relays information from finance function to management team.
- Record financial transactions and/or supervise those being recorded by others
- Prepare financial reports monthly and annually for internal and external use
- Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons
- Maintain records and manage bank and statutory audit processes
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage finance function staff, including those with dual roles outside of finance
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for all accounting systems and processes
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies and look for cost reduction opportunities
- Design (with guidance), compile, calculate, keep updated and distribute consultant and management bonus schemes
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Ensure full tax compliance with accurate and on-time filing and payment for PAYE/NIC, VAT, all annual returns, pension scheme arrangements and share scheme plans.
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Present reports to senior management, shareholders and other stakeholders, e.g. bank
- Review legal contracts with suppliers, candidates and clients; update standard terms from time to time based on changing legislation.
Skills and Qualifications (guide only)
- Bachelor's or master's degree
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Management experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Possesses core values of honesty, integrity and reliability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving, research-driven
- IT literate and comfortable with multiple systems including advanced use of Excel
- Understanding of legislation and data privacy standards