Young Persons key worker required
PAY BAND: (£8.50-£10.00 p/h depending on experience)
LOCATION: Neasden Brent
HOURS OF WORK:
Part time and Full time positions available shifts may include;
08:00 - 15:00
16:00 - 23:00
Sleep Over 23:00- 08:00
(Mon - Fri & Weekend shifts)
At EmpowerHouse we have a passion for what we do. We provide 24 hour semi-independent accommodation whilst supporting young people between the ages of 16 through to 21. EmpowerHouse aim to create a home environment that is safe and secure for the young person.
Our main objective is to support them as they transition into adulthood and independent living.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide outstanding service and:
• To assist in the day to day running of the supported housing project for young people aged 16 - 21, and contribute to the overall continuous improvements of the service.
• To empower young people to establish an independent lifestyle, working in close co-operation with other agencies and our partners.
• To ensure that young people have access to a wide range of resources to support their move into independent living.
Working with Young People
• To provide evidence of engaging with young people as part of their placement plan and pathway plan with regular updates with social workers. To ensure that all paperwork is accurate, and done within the given deadlines, ensuring that every young person is met with regularly, according to their needs.
• To ensure that all young people are properly risk assessed and that all risk assessments are reviewed and updated as detailed in the Empower House Risk Assessment Procedure.
• To actively participate to ensure that the service remains 'Abuse Aware’ by correctly following the Empower House Safeguarding and Protection from Abuse Procedure.
• To assist young people to acquire the necessary life skills to enable them to move into their own independent accommodation.
• To liaise and engage with external agencies to enhance the support available to young people
• To personally come up with ideas and organise relevant and meaningful resident engagement activities for young people.
Standard of Accommodation
• To contribute to ensuring that the property offered to young people is of a high standard of cleanliness and in good repair, reporting any items in need of repair to Property Management.
• To contribute to ensuring that the premises complies with all relevant health & safety legislation including ensuring fire safety checks, fire drills, Health & Safety Inspections.
• To ensure that the cleanliness of the premises is kept to a high standard, which is likely to involve cleaning and preparing an empty room ready for it to be re-let to a young person.
• To actively engage and involve the young people in the cleaning process and ensure that the household rota is adhered to.
• To ensure young people fully understand their rights and responsibilities under their placement contract
• To ensure that the benefit entitlements of all young people are correct and up to date
• To follow all Empower House policies and procedures, such as the Missing person Procedure.
• To attend all One-to-Ones and annual appraisal interviews and co-operate in the regular review of this Job Description. Attend all team, departmental and organisational meetings as required
• To attend training and development and represent the organisation at any seminars, conferences and meetings as deemed appropriate, which may be held outside normal working hours.
• To work within the policies and procedures of the organisation to provide a high quality of customer service and in particular, always to have a high regard for the organisation’s Equality Scheme & Policy.
• To act in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 when carrying out tasks associated with the collection, storage, manipulation and monitoring of personal data.
• To act in accordance with the Health & Safety At Work Act (1974) and the organisation’s Health & Safety Policy Statement.
The above does not constitute an exhaustive list of duties. The post holder may be required to perform any reasonable ad hoc tasks commensurate with the level of responsibility at the request of the Line Manager.