LMA Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant position for an International Bank based in London. This is the ideal position for an individual who is currently working in their first accounting position since leaving university and who is now looking for a change.
The key responsibilities include:
- Maintain general ledger accounts
- Process all expenditure items and post transactions
- Monitor and maintain VAT expenses
- Assist in preparation and submission of COREP/FSA/OSCA returns
- Preparation and submission of VAT statements for submission to HMRC claiming and making net payments to HMRC
- Maintain moveable and immovable ledger accounts in the system
- Prepare monthly suspense statement
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a related subject and have a year or two in an accounting position. Ideally the candidate will come from the financial services industry.