Credit Control Assistant
Title: Sales Ledger Assistant in our Credit Control team
Reporting to: Billing and Collections Manager
Fitch Learning is a leader in providing examination, graduate and credit and risk training. With unrivaled breadth and depth of training, the company delivers learning solutions for interns and graduates to those with 10+ years’ experience in Financial Services. The business is split into three divisions:
- Professional Qualifications - Regulatory and exam training including CFA and CQF
- Corporate Solutions - tailored courses for intern, graduate and start of career cross functional training and highly specialised analytic training for those with 2+ years’ experience. Also involves e-learning solutions
- Short Courses - tailored courses opened to the public
This position is a key role in the Credit Control Department. The role involves billing and chasing global clients for payment of their invoices, for courses provided by Fitch Learning. This is a multi-million-pound ledger with a high volume of invoicing from different areas of the Business, this will include Key Accounts. The right candidate will hit the ground running, will be keen to take on a challenge and will have a clear and confident telephone manner, with internal and external clients. The candidate should have good Accounts Receivable experience with confidence to perform account reconciliations and assist with monthly reporting where needed. The role requires a methodical individual with an eye for detail.
- Pursue outstanding invoices from individual delegates and corporate clients, communication will be both by phone and by email as appropriate.
- Detailed collection notes on the status of each invoice and overall account will be made.
- Liaising with the other members of the Credit Control team and the Business to ensure client queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Creation of invoices and credit notes.
- Attend daily reviews with the Billing and Collections manager to discuss any issues or concerns and escalate problems.
- Account reconciliations.
- Cash application.
- Compile data for monthly reporting.
- Other administrative and ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Highly motivated to carry out daily tasks.
- Flexible approach to tasks is essential.
- Ability and confidence to work autonomously as well as being an excellent team player.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Good Excel skills and aptitude with other software packages.
- Good level of general education. (Minimum C GSCE grades in Maths and English).
- Previous experience with the SAP accounting package an advantage.
- Previous experience within an Accounts Receivable Department is essential.