Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum + Bonus + Car
The key measure for a Retail Area Manager in this business is to maximize the sales and profit performance of the area, through the effective development and management of all store managers, company processes, sales opportunities and the effective deployment of available resources on your area.
You will be passionate about over achieving your KPI delivery and the overall P&L performance achievement for your area, but most of all seeing this done through your teams and supporting their personal growth and development. You will be a strategic thinking, bar-raising problem solver with a do-it-better, ahead-of-the-game attitude.
Our client is looking for Graduates who have developed a strong management style through direct experience since graduating who can develop themselves and the role.
- Ensure full delivery of area retail plan
- Achieve target against all retail operation KPI's
- Ensure all business-related information is communicated and understood at all levels
- Deliver a high energy, fast paced customer environment
- Attract and recruit the best talent in to the business
- Actively develop store management capability in order to sustain area, regional and company succession plan
- Produce an area operational plan that will deliver the retail plan, encompassing performance, customers, people and profit
- Conduct store visits which will ensure the delivery of consistent performance, adherence to company and legislative standards and compliance to policies and procedures
- Challenge and review working practices and propose improvements
The ideal candidate will be a Graduate who has developed a clear identity in their current role and is looking for their next career challenge.
- Degree educated with a few years of full time work experience in a similar role where you have been responsible for managing people or projects at a senior level
- A confident and effective communicator with excellent decision making skills
- Passion for retail and delivering high levels of retail excellence at all times
- Ability to engage talent, build team spirit and challenge goals
- Demonstrating commercial awareness, providing information and analysis
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to achieve tangible results
- A high level of energy and personal drive for the attainment of corporate goals
- An enabling leadership style through example and team development
- Excellent interpersonal management skills with the ability to achieve strategic goals through other people
- The ability to be resilient under pressure and seek constant challenge whilst retaining care for every detail in the business operation
- This role requires a Full Valid UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility of geographical coverage would be ideal to facilitate future development
Our client is the leader in their sector, with a great brand awareness and an even better product! Their presence in the UK retail market has grown considerably and continues to do so. They are a people focused business looking for highly capable Area Managers with exceptional leadership skills who passionately deliver performance through their people.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalized recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: