Finance Director / Head of Finance
Exciting opportunity to join an ambitious West Kent based manufacturing business as Finance Director / Head of Finance as they look to embark on an exciting 5 year growth plan. Exclusive to Michael Page.
Our company are a leading boutique manufacturing business who are based in West Kent. They work with some of the world's largest businesses, as well as with independent customers to design and create unique and bespoke products. They are now at the start of a five year plan to grow their business by 500% and are offering a bright, driven and strategic finance professional the chance to play a key role in this period of growth.
The client has chosen to engage exclusively with Michael Page Finance and any CVs which are submitted via other sources will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration.
The Finance Director / Head of Finance will take full responsibility for and lead the small Finance function, ensuring all statutory requirements are met whilst taking overall responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy. This will include optimising the company's financial performance and strategic position, as well as providing support to the Payroll and Hr functions for the business.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Supporting the Managing Director in order to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the company strategy across all areas of the business.
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers aimed at achieving growth of the company.
- Manage month-end, closing ledgers and ensuring / checking accuracy of data, balance sheet reconciliations, including maintaining schedules for prepayments.
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts (comprising full profit & loss account, balance sheet and cash flow), including variance reports and commentary.
- Managing key relationships with banks, legal representatives, auditors, and other external partners and advisors.
- Preparation and management of year-end statutory accounts and leading the audit process
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met and that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Managing the company's VAT reconciliations and returns.
- Managing and mentor two full time staff looking after Purchase and Sales Ledgers, ensuring their work is accurate.
- Development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Preparation of detailed budgets, financial forecasts and report variances.
- Collation of monthly pay information from various departments and sending accurate information to outsourced payroll company.
- Calculation and posting of monthly payroll
- Management of auto-enrollment pensions and other staff benefit programs
The ideal candidate for this Finance Director / Head of Finance position will be both strategic and hands on in nature, and seeking a challenge where they can genuinely influence the growth of the business over the next 5 years.
You will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
You must be commercially astute and have the interpersonal and influencing skills in order to operate at a strategic and operational level.
Experience of delivering growth within an SME business with an understanding of supporting business units will be important.
Experience of delivering commercial and financial analysis in order to aid strong decision making will be highly regarded.
Experience of the development of financial, administration and IT systems to support the growth of an organisation will also be beneficial.
Given the nature of this business, exposure to design and manufacturing environments, or contract driven environments such as facilities management, construction or engineering would be advantageous.
You will be comfortable leading a small finance function, being hands on, autonomous and also influencing at senior level.
You will display positivity and drive with the ability to quickly contribute to the culture and values of the company.
- Starting salary of up to £70,000, although up to £75,000 will be considered for an exceptional candidate
- Flexible working arrangement which can allow working 1 day per week from home
- 25 days' holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- NEST pension scheme (2% employer contribution).