Assistant Management Accountant
AMT opened in 1992 with a mission to make the best cup of coffee in the UK, quickly and with a smile. Two decades on and still independently owned, we have over 50 coffee bars across the UK and Ireland, 400 customer driven employees and a head office in Knightsbridge.
We serve 20,000 customers every day, following the same mission statement as when AMT was created and continue to give customers a personalised service and a delicious product range, without compromising on quality or value.
About the Role
As part of a small, dynamic Finance team the primary focus of the role is to assist the Finance Manager in ensuring the business delivers timely and accurate Management Accounts. You will be required to maintain accurate and complete records whilst promoting a strong control environment.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the production of month end Management Reports for the UK & Ireland
- Production of month end Management Accounts for 50+ bars, including variance analysis
- Journal postings
- Labour reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Reconciliations
- Processing of Irish payroll payments and reconciliations
- Submission of quarterly Irish VAT returns and monthly PAYE returns
- Weekly reporting of GP% by bar using the FnB stock management system
- Reconciliation of the FnB GP% to the independent management accounts
- Assisting with Year End audit
- Supporting the Finance Manager and the team with ad-hoc projects and cover
- Developing and continuously improving upon current controls and processes
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis - developing management reports and analysis for driving profitability
Do you want to be part of the AMT’eam? We believe our people are the best asset we have and are the heart of the company.
To excel as our Assistant Management Accountant, you will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with very strong administrative skill and a high level of attention to detail.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Part qualified or studying towards the following accountancy qualifications: CIMA or ACCA
- Advanced Excel skills - macros, pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups etc.
- Foreign currency experience
- Proven experience working within a retail accounting function
- Experience of working with the FnB system
In return for your hard work and dedication to AMT Coffee we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, so if this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We want to hear from you.
Please Note: Due to the significant level of application we receive, we are sorry that we are unable to personally response to all applications. Successful applications will be contacted within 14 days.