Graphic Designer / Digital Print Production
At Mailboxes we run an independently franchised chain of six stores within central London providing customers with a friendly, fast and efficient high quality end product. We are currently looking for an experienced full time candidate for operations of digital print and design services. The successful candidate must have proven track record working in a busy print room environment operating varied small and large format printing machinery and print finishing equipment.
In addition to the digital print and design services, the candidate will be trained on the other services we offer such as courier shipments, postal services, mailbox rental, etc.
An enthusiasm of a sales background and ability to attain more sales via on/off field procurement is an added advantage.
Each candidate must be aware of the products and services we offer before applying by looking at our website www.mbe.co.uk
- Digital Print and Copier Operations
- Operating a range of finishing equipment i.e. collator/booklet maker, glue /wire /comb binding, scoring machine, folding machine and guillotine finishing equipment.
- Operating Fiery editing systems or equivalent and/or EFI range of products such as PrintSmith.
- Creating and editing documents using Adobe InDesign / Illustrator / Photoshop including mail merge.
- Maintain records and input statistical information into computer system as required.
- Check and prepare artwork making all the necessary amendments
- Take briefs from the clients by phone and counter service
- Check accuracy of all completed work to meet clients expectations
- A good understanding of the production process
- Monitor and re-order supplies when needed
- Maintain confidentiality and security of any documents processed
- Serving customers and keeping good relations with account customers and regularly looking to expand the scope of the account customer database
- Learning and implementing the other services on offer such as courier shipments, postal services and mailbox rental.
- Ability to prioritise workload but be flexible in approach when necessary to get the job done and be able to work calmly under pressure without constant supervision
- Must be willing to take on increased responsibilities and assume a managerial role of the site when the business requires
- Be a driven sales leader and be able to attain account customers and more sales
- Good team player within our small team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hardworking and efficient, and must have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Will require to learn other services Mailboxes provides and serve customers via telephone, email or over the counter.
- May be required to go work in different sites within Central London
- Full training provided
- Holiday: 28 days per year (20 Days + Bank Holidays)
- A friendly working environment
- Progression and promotion within the company
- Salary up to £26k dependant on experience