Area Sales Manager - South East
Our client based Nationally across the UK are a leading UK distributor of specialised sheet metal and looking for an Area Sales Manager on a permanent basis to join their established team.
You will be covering the South East area.
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, you will be tasked with increasing awareness of the company while managing the existing portfolio of clients and searching out and developing new opportunities.
With proven sales experience you will drive forward existing products, as well as successfully cross-sell newer product lines into established brands.
The successful candidate will be target driven and display excellent account management skills. You will thrive on spending time with clients of different sectors, and take time to understand their needs to tailor solutions to fit them. Displaying comprehensive knowledge of all our client’s products and be able to demonstrate this knowledge alongside strong technical understanding.
You will posses strong communication skills and be able to converse and work with people at all levels to grow and establish new and existing business accounts and relationships with both your team members and clients.
- Meet agreed sales targets for the area to grow the company business
- Present the Company and the products on both a technical and sales level to customers and specifiers alike
- Create and maintain brand recognition within the market and develop marketing strategies to enhance the company’s brand recognition
- To maintain and develop the existing client bank and their sales needs
- Manage your own area and develop sales opportunities
- Attend and contribute to sales meetings, including providing sales forecasting and budget projections
- Liaise with management regularly in regards to current market situation
- Update and maintain the CRM system
- Attendance at exhibitions / trade shows to represent the company
- Proven sales experience, and within a similar market desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Target driven with excellent negotiation skills
- Well organised with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to produce and deliver technical presentations
- Posses excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to collate information and write meaningful reports
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to interpret technical drawings would be desirable
Current UK driving licence and your own car is essential to this role.
This is a role which requires 80% of your time spent on the field, with 20% based at the office / home.
Please note there would be the occasional night away from home
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Please contact Nicola for more information
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy