Commercial Financial Controller needed for FTSE100 global business!
£70,000 - £80,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Investigo is currently recruiting for an exciting Commercial Financial Controller position for a well known global business to manage and drive performance excellence for a business unit within a highly acquisitive division. The primary purpose of this job is financial control through strong business partnering with Operations, Sales and Finance and the management of robust processes and controls. Please note this role will involve weekly travel to different sites in the UK, so you will need to be prepared to travel to be considered for this position.
- Act as a senior member of the senior management team through pro-actively challenging and contributing to decisions regarding business and financial strategy with a focus on controlled growth of the business
- Responsible for all Group, Divisional & Business reporting requirements including monthly results generation, forecasting and monthly financial/operational reporting.
- Take a lead role in the annual business planning process for the business unit
- Embed measures for tracking performance against financial and non-financial indicators to provide meaningful management information and support decision making
- Manage a team of qualified and part-qualified accountants across different sites
- Assist with bids and pricing of contract change, provide commercial finance support as required
- Drive cash generation and working capital management and forecasting
- Take ownership of balance sheet management and control
- Continuous improvement in quality and accuracy of reporting
- Drive reporting and process improvement efficiencies and share best practice with the wider SST finance team.
- Champion improved use of systems & MI
- Identify and support the business to deliver opportunities to improve efficiency or add value
- Develop and a high performing Finance team who provide support to the commercial and operational colleagues through reporting, analysis and challenge
- Work with the Finance Director, Sales Directors and Operations Directors to support and implement any cross divisional improvement programmes
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Healthcare sector or Software/Technology experience is essential
- Ability to travel in the UK up to 3 days a weeks is essential
- Strong people management capabilities with an ability to challenge and make decisions
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to make a contribution to the company and staff
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident and able to quickly establish solid working relationship with wide variety of stakeholders
- Down to earth, hands on pragmatic individual
- Strong Excel and SAP skills