Enthusiastic Relief Me Time Supporter, Leicester
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes:
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want.
We have an extremely exciting opportunity for a Relief, Me Time Supporter to join our Leicester Me Time Service. We delivering high quality services, which support people with a learning disability to develop skills and reach their maximum potential.
Being a Relief Supporter means you can work the hours you choose and are available to work, flexibility is a great thing and we'd love to share it with you!!
The Supporter role involves facilitating day sessions for adults with a learning disability to take part in a wide range of leisure activities, to develop new skills and achieve their personal goals. We deliver an activity programme Monday to Friday during the day time from a range of community settings in Leicestershire. Activities we provide include gardening, arts & crafts, performing arts, cooking, swimming and various other fun activities.
You will be a highly enthusiastic person who is able to work flexibly and proactively to support across a variety of activities. You will be accountable for following Health & Safety procedures and following support plans for the individuals we support. You will work as part of a team to ensure the best outcomes for the people we support and must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key Skills & Experiences:
- Experience of working within a team is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be required
- Ideally you will have experience supporting people
- Experience and understanding of learning disability would be highly beneficial
- Ability to complete paperwork to keep accurate records
- Good overall IT literacy will be required
- Driver licence would be desirable
- Ideally be willing to travel to Leicester when required (not essential)
If you feel you have the qualities required to join our team in delivering high quality support services for people with a learning disability, we would love to hear from you.
Job ID: 6936
Please click the "Apply" button today to register your interest and submit an application… Good Luck!!!
Please ensure you supply an up-to-date CV along with a supporting statement to be considered for this role.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract