Wake Night Support Worker
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
Searching for Dynamic Support Workers to work across St Ives residential care home for people with profound learning disabilities and physical disabilities and Tamworth supported Living.
Who you will be supporting
The people you will be supporting enjoy a variety of activities including swimming, concerts, theatres, holidays, shopping, baking, cooking, socialising, holidays, daytrips, cinema, dancing, music and being part of their community…which at times can be a hectic schedule but very rewarding as all of the above plays a significant part in their lives.
As well as the team that support them, some family and friends are also involved in their support.
If you would like to be part of the support required for the people we support with their fully packed exciting active lives, then please apply and tell us why you would be a fantastic addition to the team. We take a person centred approach with the recruitment process and so we include the people that you will be supporting in our selection process. You will need to be adaptable due to the complex needs of the service and the people we support.
You must be willing to work flexibly on a rota basis throughout the month that includes weekends, bank holidays and there's an expectation to take fair share of working Christmas and New Year. Typical shifts start from 10:00 pm till 07:00 am
You will need to demonstrate that you meet our five values, caring, challenging, trustworthy, inclusive and positive.
Ability to commit to our 12-week Induction programme by attending all training that is booked, complete all workbooks and shadow shifts and other activities that are agreed with your manager is key to this role.
One of the most amazing things about being a support worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability.
* Please see additional Information tab for more details on the people we support
*An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job Reference:- 7290
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract