Support Worker and Waking Night Support Worker - Mansfield
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Contract Type:Permanent & Temporary
Hours: Various contracts available
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, outgoing people to support 12 people with a learning disability, varying support needs including mobility and health needs, in a house in Mansfield to live a fulfilled and happy life.
We are working to make our recruitment as person centred as we can. The service profile attached has been created with the people we support.
The selection process will use this criterion to match not only skills and experience but also hobbies and interests of applicants with the people being supported. It is likely that the final decision on the success of your application will be decided by the people you will be supporting
Could this be you?
What people like and admire about you-
- You are caring and attentive
- You have a patient and calm nature
- You like bowling
- You like shopping
- You like swimming
- You like music and theatre
- Able to support people to access the community
- Being self-motivated and enthusiastic
- You enjoy being creative with your communication
- You enjoy being part of a team and working towards a common aim
- You aspire to develop as part of the team
- You take time to understand the routines of others
- Your domestic skills
- Your always friendly and positive
- You don`t panic and can stay calm in challenging situations
- You have experience or an awareness of supporting people learning disabilities
- You can show punctuality, time keeping and flexibility with shifts
What`s important to you -
- Helping people to live the life they want to lead.
- Supporting people to enjoy their own space
- Building relationships based on trust, and a genuine interest in other people.
- Supporting people to make the most of a life outside the service. E.g. with family and friends.
- Supporting people with any health appointments
- Supporting people to enjoy their free time for example: shopping, out for a coffee, meals, day trips.
- Supporting people to plan and enjoy holidays and new experiences.
- Helping people to develop their skills
- Helping people to make choices
You must be willing to work flexibly as and when required. You will work on a Rota basis throughout the week and at weekends.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude, hardworking and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
* Please see the additional information tab at the bottom of the advert for more details on the people we support
*An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job Reference:- 7239
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract