Quality Inspector / Trainee Inspector - Metallurgy

Recruiter
White Label Recruitment
Location
Leeds
Salary
£18,000 - £20,000 + benefits
Posted
18 Mar 2017
Closes
17 Apr 2017
Sector
Engineering
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
Quality Inspector / Trainee Quality Inspector - Metallurgy

Leeds

Salary £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits

This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business that is receiving significant investment and creating new roles.

THE ROLE

As Quality Inspector you will be responsible for shop floor quality checks on raw material/goods in as well as finished product. These checks involve a visual inspection to check dimensions, a physical inspection to check hardness and how tensile the product is, and some metallurgical inspection.

In addition to this you will be responsible for maintaining all records and data on the quality management system to ensure trace-ability and compliance to ISO 9001. You will also be responsible for escalating non-conformance's

THE PERSON
This role is ideally suited to someone with manufacturing experience, ideally in the metals industry, looking to build a career within quality and inspection. You will be spending roughly 60% of your time on the shop floor carrying out inspection and the other 40% focused on data analysis and documenting all quality checks. The successful candidate will have good organisational skills and great attention to detail. Most importantly you will be joining a close-knit team so communication and team work is a must.

THE BUSINESS
A well-established manufacturing business based in Leeds supplying products to a wide variety of industrial customers within sectors including aerospace, automotive, construction and precision engineering. They have received significant investment leading to site expansion and investment in new machinery. As part of their expansion plans they have created a new Quality Inspector role.