Learning Support Assistant
Tile: Learning Support Assistant
Contract: 12 month FTC
Hours: Full time (term-time only)
Salary: £18,050 per annum (full time equivalent)
Love working with children in education?
Want to make a real difference in people's lives?
Have a qualification in childhood studies (or equivalent)?
If yes, this could be the role for you!
Our client is an Independent Special School for Children with Motor Disorders, a locally based charity which provides specialist therapeutic and educational programmes for children with physical disabilities. We are looking for talented Learning Support Assistants to join their dedicated team in Aylesbury.
Experience in working with children with physical disabilities/special educational needs would be an advantage but not essential as extensive in-service training is provided. As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be an integral member of the team, supporting the delivery of high quality integrated programmes throughout the day which meet the needs of the children.
Learning Support Assistant - The Role
* To participate actively in creating an appropriately stimulating learning environment in accordance with the curriculum policy of the group and communication strategies for the children in the group
* To provide verbal and physical support for the children as part of their daily motor and self-care programmes, in line with policies and procedures.
* To implement the group and individual educational plans as determined by the Team Leader and the transdisciplinary team
* To contribute to the observation and evaluation of the children's progress in line with the 'Planning and assessment' policy and participate in planning termly objectives
* To ensure that the children's objectives are being met throughout the day within each activity so that there is continuity of learning.
Learning Support Assistant - Desirable attributes
* Related qualification in childhood studies (NVQ, degree or other related qualification)
* Experience working in an educational environment with children with disabilities
* Experience in human services field and/or work with people with physical disabilities
* Knowledge and interest in learning and childhood development
* Reading, writing, simple arithmetic skills (Essential)
* Values and behaviours suitable for working with children and young people (Essential)
* Demonstration of behaviours such as:
Initiative, efficiency, thoroughness, problem solving and decision making, personal sensitivity and empathy, communication, remaining calm under stress, teamwork, safety and physical ability
* Current First Aid
Please note: Our client is committed to the wellbeing, safety and protection of all their pupils and an Enhanced DBS will be required.
If you would like to join this wonderful school and make a difference to children's lives as the Learning Support Assistant, please apply now!
Closing date for applications: 15th June 2018
Interviews will take place week commencing: 25th June 2018
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities Business Consultancy acting as an employment agency for permanent / temporary / interim and contractor roles.
By submitting your cv application you are providing your expressed permission to both share your details with the employer in consideration for this opportunity and also to retain your information on our recruiter database of job seeking professionals to contact regarding other similar opportunities handled by our team of in house Consultants for the next 2 years.
For more information, please call our team on 01296 325 720.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81515855