Network and Security Engineer
Network and Security EngineerHello. We’re World First and we’re a bit different from the rest…World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly-growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Network and Security Engineer.
We win lots of awards – a few recent ones include #7 on the The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, The Queen's Award 2016, Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards.
Our growth has also placed us on the FinTech 50 and the Investec Hot 100. Basically, we are a company that is going places!The role:
As a Network and Security Engineer, you will be joining the growing in-house IT team at World First team, consisting of ~130 people and growing. We cover all areas of support, systems, websites, front and backend applications, networks across our offices in Europe, Asia, USA and Australia and are passionate about producing great quality systems to drive the business forward.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and analyse their possible use within World First
- Document network design and procedures
- Ensure we meet all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Act as member of the team for the operation and maintenance on all network issues, as directed by the Head of IT Operations.
- Solid experience on Routing and Switching (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPNs, Spanning Tree)
- Network Security and associated technologies
- Experience of networking with AWS/Azure/GCP (direct connect and VPN)
- Experience in a range of technologies such as Cisco, Arista, NSX and SDN in general, Quagga, Palo Alto Firewalls, software firewall (iptables) etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and Linux networking
- Excellent troubleshooting and configuration skills
- A professional approach to work with the other Network Engineers
- Mentoring Junior engineers when required
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
In addition to the above technical skills, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate with tech and non-tech team members equally well.You will get:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and health cover
- World Perks: season ticket loan, free breakfast, childcare vouchers, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, tri-annual company parties - and more!