£60k-£70k Base Salary + £6k Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare
Looking for an experienced Technical Manager to lead 2 residential schemes (300 units combined) in North West London. As a business they are working in partnership with housing associations and local authorities to provide private affordable housing across London. Although this particular role is working for the specialist residential development arm of business.
As a business they are growing massively and are on track to double their annual turnover in the next 4 years, this is due to an extremely strong pipeline of work.
- Manage Consultants to prepare and submit Building Regulation package & ensure compliance with NHBC warranty conditions
- To prepare and develop briefs, obtain quotations and appoint all necessary Consultants
- Brief and manage external design consultants to produce detailed design package from approved planning drawings within agreed fee budgets
- Manage Consultants to ensure discharge of planning conditions
- Liaise with Consultants on the submission of external materials for approval, considering visual, manufacturer and commercial aspects
- Ensure external consultants fulfil responsibilities under CDM Regulations
- Oversee the process of maintaining and updating records of design of the project to include drawings, registers, reports etc
- Ensure accuracy, detail, buildability and value of all design and technical information
- Manage all technical and design aspects of developments
- Co-ordinate conveyance plans and legal packs for each project
- Manage approval process including Code for Sustainable Homes / Eco Homes, Secure by Design, SDS, SAP calcs etc
- Liaise with all departments to ensure full integration of design process within business
- Ensure that all necessary third party consents/warranties are obtained in a timely manner
- Provide weekly reports on technical queries and cost sensitive issues
- Attendance at subcontractor pre-start meetings as required
- Visit site as necessary to ensure seamless transition from Design to Construction phase
- Represent Technical Department on site at Project Team Meetings
- Respond to technical queries from all departments and site
- Degree qualified with BSc Hons in Construction Management/Architectural Technology or a similar industry related qualification.
- Recent experience of working on mixed used schemes incorporating both residential and affordable housing ideally on RC Frame projects.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and be able to demonstrate ability to co-ordinate and lead the design process unaided.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please call Andrew Pipe for a confidential discussion on 02070657277 or for an out of hours discussion on 07841199419 or email your details to . Closing date for this opportunity is 28/04/17.