Quantity Surveyor (French Speaking)
About the Company:
Our client is a specialist contractor with a family heritage entwined in the high specification build sector. From their office in North West London they specialise in High end luxury residential refurbishment and alteration for properties in and around the surrounding Notting Hill, as well as Knightsbridge, Kensington & Chelsea, Mayfair with some projects spreading to the Home Counties. Works range from small fit-outs to large multimillion refurbishments with works including basements, swimming pools and bespoke cinemas and furnishings. A high proportion of their work is repeat business for private clients and through word of mouth. Recent projects include a three story refurbishment and new basement in Notting Hill as well as project in the South of France.
About the Role:
Our client is currently looking to recruit a French speaking Quantity Surveyor. They have project throughout London, and a number of contracts starting in the South of France. You will be ultimately responsible for valuations of the works carried out with monitoring of costs to achieve monthly reconciliation of projects. Ensuring the timely pricing of Variations and chasing of payment. Duties will include:
- Attend site at regular intervals to value works completed.
- Request CVI’s and day work sheets for any outstanding items.
- Price Variations to the BQ, revised drawings and specifications.
- Price Variations from Qualifications, changes to provision of attendances, expenditure of provisional sums.
- Price site instructions, CVI’s and Day work sheets.
- Provide detailed rate build ups where necessary.
- Value delays to the programme.
- Value any supplier contra charges.
- Re-measure the works if applicable.
- Submit Valuations in Excel format and e-mail to main contractor in line with schedule of valuation dates.
- Periodically line up costs to check interim profitability.
- Chase payment with accounts depts. to ensure received in line with agreed payment terms.
- Produce figures for monthly cost value reconciliation on each project.
- Submit final account on completion of project.
- Attend final account meetings as necessary and agree account; produce final CVR
- Chase retentions when due.
- Ensure documentation is collated and stored in line with Company policies.
This is an excellent opportunity for those with the desire to achieve results by hard work and who wish to participate in the future of a progressive organisation.
About the benefits / rewards:
Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. This position offers an excellent basic salary of between £55,000 - £75,000 dependent on experience.
The Suitable candidate must be able to converse and write fluently in French. The role will be based in London but some travel to France will be required . The candidate will also be able a qualified Quantity Surveying, ideally with some experience in the prime residential market, although other sectors of construction will be considered.
Please contact: Jon @ cityscapeltd.com or call 01923 750 095