Senior Highways Design Engineer - Manchester
My client is an international engineering and project management consultancy who are looking for a Senior Highways Design Engineer for the growing and expanding Infrastructure team in Manchester.
The Senior Highways Design Engineer will be technically competent in dealing with all types of infrastructure projects, and will manage project teams and undertake the day to day client liaison and management. You will be expected to be able to identify business opportunities communicating and discussing these with the Transport UK Management Team.
You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of infrastructure projects.
- Developing innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Inspiring junior staff to develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Proactively contributing to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- Providing technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
- Develop the technical skills of junior staff; and
- Ensure consistency in technical quality from junior staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- The day-to-day management of the junior members of the design function in the UK
- Identification of business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Assistance in preparation of PQQs
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification
- Extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements
- Hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or working towards this
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets
- Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS
- Understanding of highway design software, such as MX, WINDES, etc
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices
- Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices
- Full understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry
- Management and project management skills to supervise and deliver a programme of works
- Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write reports and prepare presentations
- Ability to manage and motivate junior staff
- Hold a current UK driving Licence
In return my client is offering a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, contributory pension scheme, a discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy