Principal Highway Design Engineer
My client is an international engineering and project management consultancy who are looking for Principal Highway Design Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for a Principal Highways Design Engineer based in London
The workload is wide ranging and covers all aspects of highway design from; feasibility to construction supervision and include minor highway improvements to major new road and infrastructure schemes. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Principal Highway Design Engineer:
- Management of infrastructure projects.
- Developing innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Inspiring junior staff to develop innovative design solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Proactively contributing to the technical development of the design function in the UK.
- Providing technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to: Develop the technical skills of junior staff; and ensure consistency in technical quality from junior staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- The day-to-day management of the junior members of the design function in the UK
- Identification of business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Assistance in preparation of PQQs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification
- Extensive relevant post qualification experience on Highways Projects such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements
- Hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or working towards this
- Ability to prepare briefs and manage project costs and budgets
- Working knowledge of design standards - DMRB, MfS
- Understanding of highway design software, such as MX, WINDES, etc
- Working knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices
- Knowledge of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices
- Full understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry
- Management and project management skills to supervise and deliver a programme of works
- Working knowledge of contract procurement, specification, supervision and contract administration experience. (NEC Contract, MCHW).
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write reports and prepare presentations
- Ability to manage and motivate junior staff
- Hold a current UK driving Licence
In return my client is offering a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including car allowance, contributory pension scheme, a discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy