2nd Line Helpdesk Advisor - Microsoft, MS Exchange, MS Server, Anti-virus, Citrix, Blackberry Enterp
2nd Line Helpdesk Advisor - Microsoft, MS Exchange, MS Server, Anti-virus, Citrix, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Network trouble-shooting
Our client is a well-established Microsoft Gold Partner with offices throughout the South East, South West and East of England and with clients throughout the UK. They provide IT Consultancy, 1st-line/helpdesk support, 2nd-line/deskside support, and 3rd-line/server support in-house (remotely) to clients as well as on-site support, sometime providing a full-time on-site teams. Comprehensive services are provided, including IT Consultancy, IT Security, IT Systems Monitoring, IT Systems Backup and Recovery, IT Virtualisation, Cloud Services (Azure and Office365 etc.) and making IT hardware and software purchases on clients` behalf.
The client is looking for a friendly and personable helpdesk advisor to provide 2nd line support at the Service Desk of one of their largest Client sites which supports 400+ users across 13 sites. This is a permanent role, based in Birmingham, paying up to 25,000/annum + 5000 car allowance + benefits.
As a 2nd Line Helpdesk Advisor you will be working as part of a team made of 1st, 2nd & 3rd Line Support Analysts. You will provide deskside, phone and remote support, and will be responsible for solving the clients` IT problems.
The successful candidate will have good communication skills, a genuine interest in IT and be committed to building a career in IT alongside the following skills/experience:
* Customer service experience
* Network Trouble-shooting experience
* Microsoft qualification
* Experience supporting MS-Exchange
* Experience supporting MS Server
* Anti-virus products
* Backup exec
* Blackberry Enterprise Server
* Answering incoming calls from users at the client sites
* Assigning priority to all calls
* Agreeing next steps with the user for each call
* Setting users expectation for resolution and next contact
* Logging all calls on the helpdesk system
* Updating all calls with each action
* Managing your own call ?stack`
* Monitoring servers
* Attempting first time fix
* Knowing when and how to escalate
* Fixing equipment
* Identify re-occurring issues and highlight to the Service Desk Manager
* Identify calls that fall outside of the helpdesk scope and highlight to the Service Desk Manager
* Building the internal knowledge base by identifying root cause analysis and recurring issue
Typical technical skills required and/or to be developed at the company includes MS-Server (2008, 2010, 2012R2), MS-Exchange, IT Security, Backup-Exec, Citrix, Hyper-V, Cisco (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.), Veeam, SAN`s, VMWare, and Blackberry Enterprise Server. Given the above, any accreditations such as Microsoft MCP, MCSE, etc. would be considered useful. Alternatively, you can expect to be encouraged to secure accreditations in the future.
The company offers a wide range of benefits including help with cycle to work schemes, childcare vouchers and long service awards.
Once again, this is a permanent role, based in Birmingham, paying up to 25,000/annum + 5000 car allowance + benefits. Main skills required include Network troubleshooting experience, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, a Microsoft qualification and Citrix