Technical Support Analyst - Microsoft OS, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, TCP/IP Network insta
Technical Support Analyst - Microsoft OS, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, TCP/IP Network install and config, Firewalls, Antivirus, Backup, SAN and Enterprise storage systems, virtualisation, Office 365, Azure, network & desktop hardware.
Our client is a well-established Microsoft Gold Partner with offices throughout the South East, South West and East of England and with clients throughout the UK. They provide IT Consultancy, 1st-line/helpdesk support, 2nd-line/deskside support, and 3rd-line/server support in-house (remotely) to clients as well as on-site support, sometime providing a full-time on-site teams. Comprehensive services are provided, including IT Consultancy, IT Security, IT Systems Monitoring, IT Systems Backup and Recovery, IT Virtualisation, Cloud Services (Azure and Office365 etc.) and making IT hardware and software purchases on clients` behalf.
The client is seeking a technically astute Support Analyst with good communication and troubleshooting skills. This is a permanent role, based in Central London, paying up to 30,000/annum + oyster card + bens.
You will be the Technical Support Analyst for the London Office client base, providing onsite emergency, short notice support and guidance to both clients and internal team members
* Working with the Helpdesk to fix issues remotely where possible.
* Based at our London office but ready to commute to any client that needs an on-site ?emergency` visit.
* Visiting client sites and communicating with the helpdesk, the client and their Technical Consultant to fix IT issues.
* Liaising with London Office Helpdesks to identify when on-site emergency visits could be required.
* Provide third line support to the Helpdesks when working from the office.
* Build up understanding of client sites and their infrastructure.
* Liaise with Technical Consultants to understand client`s needs and requirements.
* Write clear and concise Incident & site reports for all visits.
* When on site ensure the client understands why you are there and what you are there to do to prevent visit scope slip.
* Provide Helpdesk and client with regular updates both verbally and written.
* Providing immediate support on-site when IT goes wrong (from printers to virtual servers).
* Creating and updating AutoTask, IT Glue, Technical Workspace and Site Visit reports constantly to ensure quality of documentation.
* Continuing to stay up-to-date with Training and development on both your technical and soft skills.
* Interacting daily with Line Manager, Account Managers, Office Administrator, IST and Helpdesk about the clients you are working with.
* Maintain and provide the technical expertise for your allocated clients
* Build deep understanding of your allocated clients to help identify IT solutions that would benefit them
Skills / experience required:
* 5+ years` experience with exposure to many different environments and platforms.
* Microsoft Operating Systems and Server install and configuration.
* Knowledge of Server, network & desktop hardware.
* Microsoft Exchange installation and configuration.
* TCP/IP and Network installation and configuration.
* Firewalls, Antivirus and Backup.
* Build, maintain and troubleshoot PC`s and servers.
* A previous client facing field role and demonstrable evidence that you thrived on this.
* Knowledge of SAN and Enterprise storage systems
* Knowledge of virtualisation technologies
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
* Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
Typical technical skills required and/or to be developed at the company include; MS-Server (2008, 2010, 2012R2), MS-Exchange, IT Security, Backup-Exec, Citrix, Hyper-V, Cisco (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.), Veeam, SAN`s, VMWare, and Blackberry Enterprise Server. Given the above, any accreditations such as Microsoft MCP, MCSE, etc. would be considered useful. Alternatively, you can expect to be encouraged to secure accreditations in the future.
Once again, this is a permanent role, based in Central London, paying up to 30,000/annum + Oyster card + bens. The key skills required for this role include; 5+ years` experience in a similar role, Microsoft OS, Microsoft Server, network & desktop hardware, Microsoft Exchange, TCP/IP Network install and config, Firewalls, Antivirus, Backup, SAN and Enterprise storage systems, virtualisation, Office 365, Azure.