Structures Inspector - Chelmsford
We're looking for an experienced Bridge Inspector / Structures Inspector to join our clients' Operational team in Chelmsford, managing abnormal loads on behalf of the local Highway authority.
Our client is a large Highways Maintenance and Engineering company operating Nation-wide.
In this Bridge Inspector role, you'll review and assess any abnormal loads which fall outside the agreed guidelines.
In brief you will…
- Update and maintain the abnormal load register as required, and identify improvements to the processes and systems used to record and manage abnormal load movements
- Assist with asset management activities in relation to Structures to ensure the effective and efficient management of the asset as required
- To provide assistance and technical expertise for various structures asset management functions such as lifecycle planning, whole life costing, valuation and data management to ensure the authority has a strong approach to asset management.
- Review and manage abnormal load routing requests that fall outside the agreed guidelines (generally greater than 80 tonnes), liaising with the Abnormal Loads Officer and Network Management teams as appropriate recording all information in the relevant management systems
- Provide clear and effective leadership and line management of team to ensure that team performances to be regularly monitored to ensure staff are developed positively
Being a proven leader with strong communication skills and a keenness for continuous professional development is essential.
You'll be degree or HNC equivalent level qualification in civil engineering, along with having extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation, relevant structures procedures and standards and good practice, in particular selection of maintenance approach.
Having demonstrable knowledge of Asset Management principles and concepts is necessary, as is some experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
Experience of management of staff including performance management is also essential.
Having a full UK drivers licence will be necessary due to the requirement to be mobile throughout the area.
Does this Bridge Inspector / Structures Inspector role in Chelmsford sound like the challenge you're after next?
We want to hear from you then! Apply today with your CV or give us a call at the office to discuss further.