HGV Technician - Site Based - Buckingham
Fully Qualified HGV Technician - Buckinghamshire
Our Client a HGV Main Dealer are currently looking to bolster their team.
They are currently recruiting a Fully Qualified HGV Technician.
Ideal applicants must have a good knowledge of heavy motor vehicles and will hold at least a City & Guilds qualification in a relevant subject.
A keen problem solver, you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills .
You will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of all vehicles
55 Hours per week (Mon - Sat lunch time) Salary up to £38k. They pay well because they expect a lot from their Engineers.
- To perform vehicle maintenance or trouble shoot defects and repair
- Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Provide on the job training for other Technicians/Trainees as required
- Continually identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate person
- Produce brief details of job on a job card and service sheet
- Communicate with supervisory staff regularly to keep them updated on the progress of your job
- Be aware and responsible for Health & Safety of yourself and other employees
- Strong experience and knowledge of trucks, trailers, engines, gearboxes, axles, hydraulic systems, electrical diagnosis.
- Automotive electrical systems, circuit diagrams and components including starting, charging & multiplex systems
- Use of multi-meters and other test equipment
- Mechanical engineering knowledge
- An understanding of routine maintenance schedules
- An understanding of the standards required by VOSA
Experience and Technical Skills / Professional Qualifications
- B1 Licence (LIGHT VEHICLE MECHANIC)
- CE LGV licence ( HEAVY VEHICLE MECHANIC)
- Fully skilled HGV mechanic, through a recognised formal training programme
- City & Guilds qualifications or equivalent
- MIG welding
- Health & Safety knowledge
If you are interested in working for our Client, please feel free to contact me on the below details. To apply for this role, please forward your CV through to in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.