Business Development Manager - Global Exhibitions
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the Sponsorship and Exhibition sales team of a FTSE 100 Media Group, working on a series of large-scale global events. These series of events have been market established for 7 years+ and have a legacy of revenue growth YoY.
Running in Latin America, MENA, Europe and the US, the events bring together between 400-1000 attendees and vary in size from 10-70 exhibition stands. The events are forecast to expand rapidly across each region.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, you will be part of a team responsible for delivery of £6.1m+ of sponsorship and exhibitions revenue across 28 market leading international events.
• To secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues across 4 events initially with exposure to rest of the portfolio in your first year and a chance to cross-sell immediately.
• Leverage the conference agenda with respect to selling speaking positions and panels
• To achieve set sales and profit targets
• Achieve new business targets
• To sell meeting and hospitality packages to sponsors and exhibitors
• To manage the sale from lead generation to on-site delivery at the event
• To liaise closely with staff across the conference production marketing and operations teams
• Account management of leading sponsors and exhibitors
Experienced sales person (min 2 years selling at senior level)
• Main proficiency should be in events sponsorship sales - specifically thought leadership
• Demonstrated experience handling complex briefs and ability to respond with a considered and articulate proposal
• Should display resilience and adaptability whilst working under pressure
• Self-motivated and driven by success
• Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritise effectively and draw on resources available to complete tasks at hand.
• Able to anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions
In return, the company will provide you with full company benefits from 25 days holiday to subsidise gym membership. Opportunity to travel and an enviable commission structure.
Not the right role for you? If you know someone who is, why not recommend them to us!
Receive £400 worth of vouchers upon a successful placement on a permanent basis.
Please note, due to the volume of responses we receive, if you do not hear from us within 14 days, then on this occasion your CV was unsuccessful.