Pre-School Room Leader Needed in London Colney!
A Private Day Nursery is looking for a Pre-School Room Leader to join their team. The Nursery is open Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am-6.30pm and is operational 51 weeks of the year. The setting cares for up to 60 children aged three months to five years.
Located in the beautiful village community of London Colney, the setting is based in a converted cottage, where the layout reflects and retains its warm homely atmosphere. The Nursery operates across two levels with age-appropriate areas for the Baby Room, Toddler Room and Pre-School Room. There is access to two large outdoor play areas and a short walk to the park where children enjoy feeding the ducks.
The position of Pre-School Room Leader involves managing a team of Practitioners to ensure a high standard of care and education is delivered in line with the EYFS curriculum. The room caters for up to 22 children aged three to five years and you will be responsible for your own key children and overseeing all children’s records. You will be required to work on a 40 hours per week rota, with rotational early and late shifts.
Exciting benefits include:
- £18,000- £19,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free uniform
- Parking available
- Ongoing training and support
Your role will include:
- Leading the Pre-School staff and ensuring a friendly, caring and relaxing environment is encouraged
- Ensuring daily routines are adhered to and children’s records are kept up to date
- Planning age-appropriate activities linked to the EYFS, ensuring that children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Encouraging 'School Readiness’, such as Reading, Writing and Fine Motor Skills to help children prepare for their next stage in life
- Supervising and supporting the staff and students in your room
- Following all Nurseries Policies and Procedures
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Attending parent and staff meetings as and when required
- Ensuring hygiene standards are enforced at all times
All candidates must have:
- A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Previous Room Leader experience
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to support and lead a team
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**