Chef de partie/Pastry - £23,000 + Tips - Live In - Watford
Our client has a busy Pastry Kitchen team are seeking a Chef to help the team in producing indulgent ranges of delicate desserts, proper puds and other sweet creations for the whole hotel. From large-scale conferences and events to inspired mini-desserts for The Glasshouse and afternoon tea pastries both classic and contemporary, this vacancy represents a great opportunity for a motivated and passionate pastry chef to make their next step.
1. To ensure agreed food standards are maintained at all times
2. To ensure agreed quality of produce is monitored and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and GSS targets are not achieved. To liaise with floor staff and other departments where necessary.
3. To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
4. Ensure stock levels and ordering of food items is kept under control to keep waste to a minimal whilst maintaining food GP%
5. To help recruit, monitor and train staff ensuring regular EARs are carried out with achievable objectives.
6. To assist with the manning and overtime and to help achieve the agreed levels and keep within budgeted payroll %
7. To issue and monitor Maintenance Dockets, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, clean and in fully functional condition.
8. By analysing market food trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
9. To liaise with the floor staff and other departments as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction and smooth running of service in the absence of the Head Chef.
NVQ 1 & 2 or equivalent
Strong leadership, motivational and teamwork skills
Planning and Time Management
Experience in all relative disciplines
Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English language