Project Director (Highways / Bridges Project - Top 10 Main Contractor)
Our client is a monster in both the Civils and Construction markets, they are a global player with a stellar reputation. We have been asked to supply a Project Director for a technically challenging Highways project on the outskirts of London. Works include the demolition and rebuild or bridges, flyovers and a much travelled dual carriageway. You will be No.1, heading up this £50m project reporting into the Infrastructure Director.
Project Director Responsibilities required:
- Client Management.
- Overseeing Pre Con programming.
- Ensuring HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout.
- Leading and managing the project team to ensure consistent delivery of the project.
- Preparing comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance.
- Ensuring that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment & morale.
- Ensuring that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities & performance expectations and operate competently.
- Managing project set up and ensure it is adequately budgeted.
- Ensuring the early involvement of appropriate subcontractors in the project planning process; and ensure that all subcontract orders / warranties and professional appointments are placed in line with the Contract and programme.
- Developing & maintaining close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience.
- Ensuring that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team.
- Ensuring that the project team fully understand the design & specification requirements of their project; that subcontractors & suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Design Manager has been consulted about any potential issues.
Project Director experience required:
- Minimum 10 years No.1 PM experience working on projects of up to £50m in value.
- Major Civils / Highways / Infrastructure project experience.
- Degree educated in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Our client offers excellent project work and career development opportunities. The salaries and packages available are highly competitive. If you are interested in this position e-mail your CV to Dan Gevaux.