Maths Teacher - NQT’s Welcome
Maths Teacher - Outstanding School - NQT's Welcome
Start Date: September start on a one year contract (possible extension)
Age range: Key Stage 3/4 and Key stage 5
Type: 11-18 mixed comprehensive Academy with approx. 1500 students.
Results: GCSE 65-75% 5+ A*-C over the past 5 years
• Do you have excellent academic qualifications and subject knowledge?
• Are you committed not just to teaching but to the wider school life?
• Do you want to run extracurricular activities?
• Can you teach to an outstanding' level?
We are looking to hire experienced, or NQT, Maths Teachers for an outstanding' school in West London. This opportunity is not to be missed at a school in which you can begin, or build on, an exciting teaching career.
If interested in this role you must have the following:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or overseas trained.
- PGCE in Maths or degree level equivalent
- Experience teaching KS3, 4 and 5.
- Experience in a secondary school within the last two years
- Excellent subject knowledge and passion for Maths
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure or Overseas Police Clearances
Maths is a very popular subject at the school and the curriculum is based around the needs of the student. At KS5, students go on to do AS/A2 Mathematics (Edexcel) and have the option of selecting AS/A2 Further Maths. Core Maths is offered for Year 12s who may not want to pursue Maths at A-Level but need to develop their Maths skills to support their other courses.
NQT will be able to access a well established training program and experienced mentors. CPD is also provided to all staff.
The school is rated Outstanding' by Ofsted and has GCSE results around 65%. Half the school is identified as EAL and students come from varied socio-economic backgrounds. The key to the student's success has been, and will continue to be, the ability for teachers to build relationships, and support students, both inside and outside the classroom.
If you can demonstrate these qualities apply with your CV and references ASAP.
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.
Horizon Teachers. Our Integrity, your Horizon.