A Management Accountant role has just become available at progressive and dynamic pharmaceuticals company based in Saffron Walden. This challenging role will not only offer broad company exposure but also offers the opportunity to progress into a Financial Controller role moving forward.
About the Management Accountant Role:
In this business-critical and varied Management Accountant role you will support the Financial Controller and Department Heads by taking control of the monthly management reporting process, supporting the decision making and developing, implementing and maintaining an effective international financial control function.
Management reporting and Business Partnering
- Development and implementation of regular, timely and meaningful management information
- Be a Business Partner to the Leadership Team and the department heads, providing information and assisting with financial control (vs Budget, vs Forecast) of their respective areas to enable effective decision making
- Ensure efficient and effective month end processes, with complete balance reconciliations and appropriate review sign offs by Financial Controller
- Responsible for all aspects of group's purchase ledger including processing and payment of supplier invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders and making payments to suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of monthly payroll and making payments
Sales Ledger and Inventory management
- Assist with Sales Ledger including tracking orders and raising invoices on a monthly basis, credit control (minimal sales at present given companies point of development)
- Track inventory movement and reconcile it to third party reports
- Assist the Financial Controller with monthly management reporting including preparation of journals, management accounts, assisting with forecasts, preparing ad-hoc reports, preparation of quarterly VAT returns
Financial reporting and compliance
- Assist with the preparation of statutory and management accounts all Group companies
- Assist with the preparation and management of audits for all Group companies
- Development and implementation of transactional accounting processes and controls and ensuring all accounting manuals and procedures are up to date
- Create new processes and controls around all new business development
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls
Financial planning and analysis
- Assist with the Group's annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting cycle
- Financial analytical support to the business
- Assisting with Financial modelling, cash flow analysis and forecasting
- Assisting with the development of business plans including the development and execution of financial strategy to ensure successful delivery
- Financial planning and analysis - including project work and long-term financial plans
You will be a progressive candidate who is looking to utilise and build on their existing experience and add value to a new business. You will be a self-starter with a high level of attention to detail.
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Previous experience within a biotech/pharmaceutical/healthcare business would be advantageous
- Three years of industry experience would be preferable or a candidate looking for their first role in industry after qualifying with an audit/accountancy firm
- Ability to successfully build rapport across all levels of the business
This pharmaceuticals business in Saffron Walden is continuing to progress and grow and is looking for talented individuals to be involved in their continued success.
Please click to apply.