Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with Amari Plastics, a £1billion Global B2B Plastics organisation, who are looking to hire a Business Manager to run their Bedfordshire based business unit.
Amari Bedford supply plastic products to a wide variety of industries including advertising, construction and engineering. With a turnover of c£3.5million they are looking to recruit an experienced sales focused Business Manager to lead the growth of this well-established brand.
With ownership of all aspects of the business unit your primary aim is to maximise long term growth in operating income and profit. The emphasis on a sales background for this role is paramount.
AsManaging Director / Business Manager you will:
- Identify new product and market opportunities and execute a 3-year plan for the business unit
- Have final responsibility for all aspects of the running of the business unit. This includes all staff matters, sales effort, inventory control, marketing, financial reporting and compliance to standards on paper and data processing
- Be responsible for proactive promoting of the business
- Have responsibility for the independently financed business and the financial reporting method that is structured in this matter
- Promote and market the services provided by the business unit to its customer base in the most appropriate and beneficial manner
- Direct, motivate and develop existing staff and when it is to the benefit of the business, appoint new staff
- Understand the Company financial reporting methodology and closely review monthly reports
- Ensure the business unit meets its statutory requirements including health and safety, operator’s licence and employment law
- Ensure the business unit is following Company Standard Practice Instructions (SPI) on policy, procedures and processes
- Produce and present an annual forecast to the Company’s shareholders
- Manage, maintain and monitor inventory levels to meet customer needs efficiently
- Negotiate local purchasing conditions and rebates with suppliers
To be successful in the role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Be in a sales led role and have sales at the core of your experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with P&L responsibility,
- Experience in leading a sales team is essential, experience with managing a warehouse also highly advantageous
- Experience in plastics, or Sign & Display sector useful but not essential
- Highly computer literate, including all MS Office products, and common web Content Management Software.
- Good inter-personal skills, particularly in ability to work collaboratively with Profit Centre Manager colleagues.
- Ideally educated to A Levels, including GCSE Maths or equivalent. Degree preferable, along with A Level Maths.
This is great opportunity to join Amari Bedford as they reach a period of rapid growth and expansion.
As Business Manager you will be a key player in the success of the company.
This role is being managed by Purple Monkey Recruitment Ltd and all 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Rebecca Tolson at PMR who will assume ownership of the application.