Childcare Practitioner Manager - Home Based - London
Job Title: Childcare Practitioner Manager
Location: Homebased - London (ideally)
Travel wise you would need to be prepared to go nationwide as currently we are as far north as Nottingham to as far south as Portsmouth.
Days/Hours: 40 hours per week
Competitive Salary - Salary: £30,000 per annum + Mileage/travel allowance/expenses
A leading provider of wraparound childcare are looking to recruit a Childcare Practitioner Manager to oversee the increasing number of settings we run.
We are looking for someone who subscribes to our values that all children are precious and therefore deserve quality childcare provided in a stimulating, safe, secure and fun environment.
This position will give someone the opportunity to maintain the highest standards of childcare across our settings and managing the continuous training of our team.
Childcare Practitioner Manager Role:
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Office, you will be responsible for quality across the provisions.
- You will ensure that our high standards of childcare meet and exceed the expectations and requirements within the EYFS framework and those standards set by OFSTED are achieved and policies implemented.
- You will line manage our Provision Managers and conduct appraisals and supervisions at appropriate intervals, cascading information for keeping up to date with all relevant updates and good practice.
- You will conduct regular visits to the provisions to review progress on the provisions and implement action plans to ensure progression, maintaining a regular communication level with all provisions.
- You will be required occasionally to assist with the daily running of a provision should the need arise.
- You will evaluate, on an on-going basis, the training levels and ability of the Centre staff; reporting back to the Company Manager on recommendations for improvement and liaising with experts on your plans to deliver.
- You will endeavor to take the settings to, and maintain them at 'Outstanding’.
- You will support the Centre Manager to deliver the Foundation Stage curriculum, by developing the best early years educators and practitioners through hands-on training.
- You will liaise with HR experts to ensure company policies and procedures are followed
- You will be the Safeguarding Officer for the company and advise on any areas for improvement and any relevant updates and procedures to be upheld.
- You will develop and maintain links with external training providers to ensure continuous development within the company.
- You will attend meetings with external partners where necessary. Making and ensuring links with Local Authority, host schools and network committees are formed and maintained.
- You will be required to undergo training to keep up to date with good practice.
- You may on occasions need to fulfil duties outside of your post to support the business.
As a Childcare Practitioner Manager you will have:
- Level 3 Early Years and Childcare qualification
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working as a Manager of an afterschool provision
- Knowledge Of Ofsted regulations and procedures
- Experience leading a team, be able to motivate and supervise
Nursery Manager , Afterschool Club Manager , Area Manager , Practitioner Manager , London , home based