We have a great opportunity working with one off our clients in the Port Talbot area working in the credit control team. Your role will be to maintain an accurate and up to date sales ledger and debtors to comply with the company’s credit control policy. To ensure the companies cash book is up to date for all sterling and foreign bank accounts.
You will be reporting direct to the finance Director
- Post to Sales Ledgers all invoices, cash, credit notes and other journals necessary to maintain an accurate up to date Ledger.
- Set up Debtors accounts as per agreed Company Credit Control Policy.
- Reconcile Sales Ledger Control Accounts for end of month procedures.
- Follow up Debtors as per company Credit Control Policy or as laid down by the Finance Director from time to time.
- Work to meet company Debtor Day targets and advise management of problems.
- Maintain and control the Company’s Cash Book including daily cheque payments, daily cheque banking controls of petty cash and bank charges.
- Control the Company’s Foreign Current Accounts, exchange losses and bank charges on those accounts as instructed by the Company Secretary.
- Control all aspects of foreign cash accounting on Sales Ledger and Cash Book in accordance with accounting standards and update the Ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Control all foreign currency Purchase Ledger transactions (invoices and payments) to be accurate, up to date and ensure timely payment of Creditors.
- Provide cover for the Finance Department as appropriate.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time and are consistent with the grade.
PERSONABLE PROFILE / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Previous experience in use of SAP
- Good level of use of Microsoft Packages
- Formal training in debt collection techniques including letters of credit and or small claims court procedures
- Working Knowledge of raising and issuing bank guarantees
- The ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of the functions of all the company’s departments and to identify key responsibilities
- Effective communicator, to be able to liaise with other departments and at all levels and with customers
- An ability to analyses the credit worthiness of companies to make decisions on credit limits and payment terms
- Enthusiastic, showing dedication to team working, being able to be flexible to changing demands
- Be able to assume responsibility for job related problems and also give input into the cause and effect of team problems
- Experience of working to specific deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.