Commercial Finance Manager
Our client is a fast growing SME organisation looking to add a new Commercial Finance Manager to their team in Godalming. The role of Commercial Finance Manager will report into the Managing Director and be responsible for driving the sales and product strategy along with managing the finance function.
Our client is a fast growing SME organisation looking to add a new Commercial Finance Manager to their team in Godalming.
- Drive better informed and financially evaluated decisions with the Sales & Management teams
- Develop, implement and maintain strong commercial controls
- Deliver robust financial forecasts and budget
- Establish a true profit and cost centre structure
- To lead and build a team capable of meeting the demands of the business ensuring that the team members receive appropriate training and support including appraisals, the setting of objectives and KPI's relevant to their role.
- Act as a liaison to the management team and Executive team to keep them informed of specific commercial matters.
- Coach internal departments to develop financial awareness
- Understand business performance and its key drivers, and ensure Commercial key performance indicators are in place and targets are met.
- Provide commercial evaluation of new business opportunities, providing advice and support to internal project stakeholders.
- To prepare and present relevant weekly and monthly reports to the Management team on commercial performance of all projects including resource utilisation, project profitability and agreed project delivery team KPI's
- To participate in the process of preparing annual budgets.
- Delivery of the agreed gross margin budget
- Educated to degree level and/or studying a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA / ACA or similar)
- An experienced manager with a strong financial analysis and commercial management background
- An experienced procurement professional preferably with experience of running and developing prefer ed supplier environments
- Strong I.T literacy
£40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience