Head Chef - New Hotel Seeking The Best Head Chef in Cumbria
Our client has created a new concept hotel which will be opening in the summer of 2017. They are looking to have their teams in place by June, ready for the soft launch in July followed by a full launch in August.
The operation will sit firmly in the luxury family market during holiday seasons and as a couple’s retreat throughout the year.
About the job
- You will be in charge of everything from pre-opening onwards, handpicking your team of around 12 Chefs.
- Menus, stock and costing management and development
- Recruitment, training and development of staff (they’re big on staff training and development)
- Kitchen management
- There will be a lounge menu operating daily, a separate, more 'formal’ restaurant as well as afternoon teas and a mixture of plated and buffet-style / assisted service breakfasts.
- You’re a great Head Chef can produce amazing food and you are looking to join a business that describes it’s approach as "Relaxed Professionalism"
- Your background will include exceptional cooking and management skills and you will have a reputation for turning out incredible food
- Demonstrable expertiese in catering for the luxury family market
What’s on offer
- £35- £40,000pa
- 28 days holiday per year
- Clothing allowance
- Very generous staff discounts (including; on holidays to other venues, treatments, clothing, meals, fitness) - for you, your family and your friends!
- Pension auto enrolment
- Ongoing training, development and support
- Genuine career prospects
- A fairly relaxed and informal working environment
- A great work / life balance
- 40 hours per week (includes weekends) - no split shifts is the aim!
- Live in, if required
Not what you were looking for?
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career and we’ll see what we can do to help you find your perfect job in the hospitality and catering sector.
How to apply for this job:
Knight Benton Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary and relief staffing services. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, job candidates must have the right to work in the UK and evidence of this will be required before you start work.