Senior Buyer Indirects
One of the UK's most secure, valuable and successful businesses is looking to strengthen its substantial procurement function with the hire of a proven procurement professional into the role of Senior Buyer Indirects. Please note this role is based in Warwick with relocation support available for those looking to move from another part of the Country.
The successful Senior Buyer Indirects will be joining an industry leading business that actually saw its share price hit an all time high in the wake of the EU referendum, showcasing its stability and how it is widely regarded as a safe-haven for investment in times of uncertainty. Their business operations impact the lives of millions people each and every day and they ultimately put people, be it their customers or employees, at the heart of everything they do. Boasting sleek, modern, state of the art facilities they offer a supportive working environment that few can better, including a free to use on-site gym, on-site dentist, various cafés and multiple wellness stations including a free fruit cart! The business firmly believes in, and promotes, the development and progression of its people, and Senior Buyers are expected to be ready for promotion within 12-18 months of joining, offering genuine long term career opportunities. They also offer the opportunity to move between categories to widen your exposure and keep things fresh and interesting!
As Senior Buyer Indirects you will take responsibility for running a range of strategic sourcing events covering a wide range of indirect categories, engaging cross functionally with key business stakeholders to build strong working relationships and help shape, influence and support the development of the indirects category strategies. You will manage multiple contracts to ensure the successful delivery of contracted activities and identify continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders and maximising value for money from contracts awarded. You will ultimately be given total ownership of areas of the group's indirect categories, from requirements definition and strategy development to final award and closure of sourcing projects.
To be considered for the Senior Buyer Indirects role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven strategic sourcing / procurement experience ideally honed within a large, complex, structured procurement function, ideally focusing on Indirect Services.
- Experience of working in a high performing team
- Ability to define and deliver a full category strategy
- Demonstrable experience of delivering cost savings, efficiency improvements and added value, as well as establishing best in class commercial arrangements
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills both at peer and senior management level - managing procurement face to face rather than from behind a desk!
- Proven ability to prepare and lead negotiations
- Recent experience of running full tender processes
- Strong experience of using analytical tools and techniques
- Exposure to OJEU / regulated environments would be advantageous but is not essential
- MCIPS qualified / working toward / willing to work towards
- The drive, ambition and capacity to be ready for promotion within 12-18 months
In return, the successful Senior Buyer Indirects will receive a highly competitive remuneration package that includes:
- Base salary of circa £39-46k
- Personal performance bonus scheme
- Doubled pension contributions up to 6% (you put in 6%, Company puts in 12%)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Share save scheme
- Access to flexible benefits including healthcare, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car
- Study support
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles