Static M&E Service Engineer
JOB TITLE: Static M&E Service Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Southampton
RESPONSIBLE TO: Area Supervisor
BRIEF DETAILS OF POSITION: A full time vacancy has arisen for a Senior Static M&E Service Engineer to operate within the maintenance team carrying out planned and reactive works and managing PPM tasks for a set number of sites. Main duties to include:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate the Company’s QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Produce and submit timesheets for approval to deadlines
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications within Building Services or Equivalent
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Working knowledge of Excel/Outlook and Word
SALARY RANGE: Circa, £35k pa, to be discussed at interview.
If you are an experienced Static M&E Service Engineer with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.