Deputy Finance Manager
Our public sector client based in Guilford is looking for a Deputy Finance Manager to fulfill the following areas of responsibility:
- Budget setting, monitoring income and expenditure and creating an accurate forecast outturn position
- Meeting regularly with budget managers to support all aspects of financial management
- Assisting with the provision of comprehensive financial advice to enable the achievement of financial balance and contribute to the business planning process and service developments
- Supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner with month end reporting, and the preparation of the year end statutory accounts
- Working with budget managers to create an accurate financial forecast that will help lead the local office to a break even position at year end
- Provide accurate and timely information to support monthly reporting and the annual accounts process.
- Developing detailed and accurate budgets that are agreed with the budget holders and monitoring against them throughout the year
- Providing financial advice to internal and external parties as required
- Contributing to long term financial planning using information to model expenditure over a five year period
- Completing ad hoc analysis as required to inform managers and support decision making
Suitable candidates must be fully qualified and have relevant experience, ideally within the public sector (NHS, education, local government).