My client is a leading automotive solutions company and they are currently looking for a Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Manager to be based in one of three locations - either Surrey, Nottingham or Hertfordshire. There will travel to the other locations as part of the role. The main purpose of the role is to support the development of a strategy to shape the SHEQ function within the company. Working closely with the site management teams to deliver the SHEQ strategy and drive a culture of continuous improvement. Main responsibilities:-
• Together with the management team drive and improve H&S Standards across the company to meet 18001 standards (work towards gaining 18001 accreditation) as well as Environmental / Sustainability standards meeting ISO 14001.
• To develop quarterly SHEQ Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
• Advise line management and assist with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of company sites.
• Working with the management team to produce and deliver strategic plans for SHEQ performance taking into account corporate and customer requirements.
• Assisting in or leading the investigation and management of incidents providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
• To monitor the performance and potential of the SHEQ team and provide the direction, training and motivation necessary to secure their optimum commitment, competency and maximum efficiency.
• Delivering/arranging employee SHEQ training as required ensuring HR systems records are kept updated.
• To take responsibility for tendering processes where workshops and workshop-related services are required.
The ideal candidate will have proven in depth experience in SHEQ Management as well as experience of SHEQ legislation and systems. You will also need a strong knowledge of implementation and application of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 1800.
A background in the vehicle, engineering and/or manufacturing industries is essential as is effective people management skills. You will also be required to possess commercial acumen and be capable of making effective business decisions as well as being able to communicate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders