Bridging Underwriter - London
A hugely successful Lender in central London, is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join the successful team.
They arelooking for somebody that can demonstrate strong product knowledge within a similar environment. The ideal candidate will have strong inter-personal skills with a can-do attitude and will be a confirmed self-starter who is keen to work hard within a growing team.
Purpose of the role:
- Assess and underwrite bridging and loan applications in accordance with all current credit policies, ensuring, to the best of your ability, that the property is good security for the loan.
- Manage a pipeline of cases in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- Ensure that the principles of the DIP are adhered to, in full, throughout the processing of the application.
- Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose.
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to compliance.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service to customers.
- Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements in line with company training.
- Assessing background information on client, KYC, AML, etc
- Maintaining daily client list, queries, valuations, legals to fruition
- Successfully assess and underwrite loan applications in line with prevailing credit policy towards completion
- Calculating the risk.
- Deciding how much we can lend.
- Key point to understand is the Exit.
- Selecting appropriate and competitive rate.
- Producing negotiating terms.
- Liaising with professionals (Valuers & Lawyers) and other specialists, ensuring the case draws down fruitfully and with finesse.
- Build successful working relationships with brokers, clients, solicitors and surveyors
- Have the ability to develop lending rationales for cases which may fall outside company lending policy and recommending loans to CEO where necessary
- Review and understand the valuation report
- Offer and instruct solicitors and action legal correspondents
- Embrace the principals of treating customers fairly and responsible lending decisions.
- Response time to all within 4 hours.
- Viewing market competition at all times.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of all company policies and guidelines ensuring the principals and regulations are adhered to.
Candidates will need to have the following attributes:
- Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector essential
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting within approved lending mandate
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work confidently within a team or individual
- Minimum 1-2 years’ recent development underwriting to include holding a lending mandate.
- Hands-on knowledge of loan processing systems
- Knowledge of regulation as it affects development loans and proven ability to implement those principles throughout the underwriting process.
For further information please contact Ella Britton