Finance Manager/New Cinema and Educational Centre
Finance Manager Salary £27 to £29k/salary reviews plus bonus linked to profit.
Finance Manager needed for a new Independent 3-Screen Cinema, restaurant/café and educational centre. We are looking for an experienced, highly competent Finance Manager with employment contract law and HR expertise as a finance Manager in multi- arts and independent cinema in their background.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Financial Manager with proven experience in employment contract law, to be responsible for the financial health of the entire organization, producing financial reports, developing strategies and plans for its long-term financial goals. The successful post holder will be expected to expertly keep financial control of this unique independent Cinema and Arts project from pre-launch stage to becoming a key component in its successful establishment in the area.
The charity behind the project, aims to create a venue that serves as a focal point for the local cultural community, not only in the area of film but through a wider range of art forms.
Background and Overview
- This is a senior managerial role therefore it is essential for any applicant to be an experienced Financial Manager with a background in contract law (as a Finance Manager) in an independent cinema or multi-arts venue from launch stage.
- You will be at the inception of this exciting project and will be responsible for strategic financial planning with proven background in problem solving and working autonomously with evidence of proven results to bring to interview
- Essential to have employment contract law background
- To take overall responsibility for the financial planning and budget of the entire project
- To provide solid financial strategy to maximise the cinema’s growth and profitability.
- To be responsible for financial forecasting, financial controls, ensuring costs stay within agreed budgets
- To provide and draw up all employee contracts in accordance with Employment Law
- In conjunction with the board, you will co-ordinate the smooth delivery of the Cinema’s financial mission and aims
Essential qualities to be Successful
- Employment Contract law background
- Relevant degree and experience demonstrating success as Financial Manager in the arts arena
- Finance coupled with HR Background
- Proven financial control skills (budget management).
- Computer skillsDocuments, spread sheets, email
- Autonomy, flexible intelligence, lateral thinker in problem solving
Career progression and other benefits:
- Bonus linked to profit scheme
- Where appropriate external training
- Unlimited free cinema tickets plus 2 guest tickets a week
- Free hot drinks and draught soft drinks
- Food and Drink discounts in our restaurant
You will be joining a passionate team of directors who are dedicated to presenting an exciting programme of film, fine art, and local events to the area.
The cinema is based in the Historic town of Lewes, East Sussex
The Financial Manager role is for an immediate start allowing for the successful post holder's notice period. Apply with CV and covering letter for an initial discussion and further information on the role. Thank you for your interest.
Closing date for applications 14 March 2017
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. No police record for harm to children