Our Client is an established and experienced railway infrastructure contractor. They have a successful track record of delivering projects across the whole of the UK; working with Network Rail, London Underground as well as light rail and tram operating companies to enhance the national infrastructure.
As one of the UKs oldest railway contractors, with a history dating back over 70 years, they are passionate about the preservation and development of the railways. Our years of experience and continued company growth have earned us a reputation within the industry for high performance and innovation, and as a company focussed on timely and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer. The role will be based in
- Provide effective communication of information to facilitate compliance
with Statutory, Industry, Mandatory and our clients requirements for use by the projects team.
- Liaise with the projects team personnel to ensure their requirement
are understood and complied with.
- Provide input as required to the bid and work winning teams to ensure
our clients present the client with competitive and compliant tenders. Provide input as required to answer client questions in relation to tenders submitted.
Provide input on design, buildability and methodologies as required.
- Undertake all work in accordance with all relevant client and/or
our clients Standards and Instructions.
- Undertake Risk Assessments as required throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide input as required to SSOW planners to enable safe systems of work to be established for all works.
- Provide guidance and support as necessary to site teams to
ensure: methodologies and processes for work delivery are developed; work undertaken is in accordance with the design, is compliant with their client requirements and meets the required quality standard.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. Problem solving,
communication and good interpersonal skills are a key requirement for this role. The candidate will also ideally have the following Experience/skill set:
- Demonstrable experience working within Overhead Line Engineering.
- A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline with
an HNC/HND as a minimum.
- Confident communication skills, both in writing and in internal and
- Awareness of health, safety, welfare and environmental aspects of
all development projects.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience at team working/collaborating.
Flexibility is also essential for this role as there will be weekend working and travel.
Our Client offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that
includes pension, performance related pay, and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience.
If you are interested in this position or would like to apply, please contact Joe Swift at Fomac or alternatively email a copy of your CV and details.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Fomac are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Fomac operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you must be eligible to live and work there.