Regional Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to join a dynamic and enterprising international business.
Our client is a fast growing importer of luxury bathroom furniture manufactured by their parent company in France. They specialise in BtoBtoC sales and the Regional Sales Manager will be an essential contributor to the UK growth strategy. With the UK head office based in Warrington, the Regional Sales Manager will be located in the South of the Country. The incoming candidate will manage the Southern half of the country in order to achieve and exceed sales targets.
Principal Accountabilities of the Regional Sales Manager
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business strategy to increase business sales in the South of the UK enhancing an existing portfolio of clients whilst identifying and seeking new clients
- Achieve budgeted targets with independent retailers
- Expand and manage contract supply through contract specialist merchants
- Analyse KPI’s and take necessary corrective measures
- Provide ongoing training to retailers’ sales staff in order to up-sell their products
- Attending and resolving occasional after sales site visits to end-user’s bathrooms
- Planning and designing showroom displays to maximise sales
- Planning and managing customer visits and objectives at the start of every week, month and quarter
- Create and implement action plans to maximise performance from customers and monitor this on a frequent basis
- Liaise between the sales department and any/all other departments to ensure fluid integration within a small business
- Answering consumer/customer technical enquiries
- Responsible for a team of self-employed sales agents
- Motivate and assist sales team to achieve and exceed targets
- Provide ongoing training to existing and new sales agents
- Provide cover in the absence of a sales agent where necessary
- Regularly review the profitability of area accounts and suggest alternative sales strategy to increase revenue
- Budget control and target setting for the region in conjunction with the Sales Director
This Regional Sales Manager role will require frequent travelling and total commitment with 90% of the time spent on the road with customers. The ideal candidate will reside within his own sales area comprising South London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent and will manage the sales agents covering the North London, Central London and South West area.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Regional Sales Manager
- GCSE Maths & English or Equivalent
- Previous regional sales experience in field based role
- Must have sold a physical product preferably through independent retailer network
- Previous experience of people management
- Sales driven, motivated to over achieve targets
- Previous bathroom sales/plumbing/joinery background (Desirable)
- Any knowledge of CAD software systems (Desirable)
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday although the role will require much flexibility outside of these hours for travel, training, hospitality and entertaining. Regular nights travelling away from home will be required to facilitate this role.
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience plus a commission structure and an attractive bonus. Health Insurance and Pension and all sales tools required to fulfil the role including; Large estate car, Laptop, I pad, I phone etc.