Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Rhyl
Clear Sky Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our accomplished, forward thinking client who have offices all over the UK.
Our client's portfolio of developments range from purpose-built cluster flats and studios, to refurbishment projects and mixed-use schemes. Although this key client of Clear Sky's is expanding, they don't forget their traditional values. This company has a known reputation for craftsmanship and for being highly committed to their employees, who they see as the key to their continued growth and success.
Due to expanding workload they are now seeking to appoint an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for the Homes Division to assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor in their role and work on site.
The role will require nationwide travel inclusive of overnight stays regularly during the week.
Duties will include the following but are not limited to:
1. Measure material/quantities required for site by analysing drawings
2. Liaise with subcontractors for quotations
3. Compare prices from different elements of the work
4. Chase subcontractors for prices
5. Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value
6. Pass quotation costs to Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback
7. Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality
8. Monitor and review quotations and costs and where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality
9. Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues
10. Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues
•Working towards achieving education/ qualifications to a level of NVQ 4, Degree, HND or equivalent experience.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
• Good time management skills and assertiveness
• This role is offering a competitive salary plus benefits dependent on experience.
• 25 days holiday
• Life Assurance - 3x salary death in service
• Company Pension
• Company Car / Car Allowance
• Medicash Medical Cash Plan Scheme
• 6 month probation period
Hours of work are Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 5.00pm and Friday 8:00am - 3:30pm.
Apply with your CV here or contact Emily at our Caerphilly branch.