Asbestos Contract Manager
Role: Asbestos Contracts Manager
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Salary: £35,000 p.a.
Job Type: Full Time
Atlas Employment are pleased to be working with a local successful and well established Company and due to their success in securing a number of prestigious contracts, they are looking to recruit an experienced member of staff to join the Contracts team. You should have experience in the construction industry and be competent in co-ordinating site asbestos activities and in liaising with the Main Contractor. The role is varied and duties will include the monitoring and control of site safety and quality, preparation of safety documentation, co-ordination of deliveries and plant etc.
- Undertake site asbestos inspections accurately record each visit on a site diary sheet
- Daily Diary Management for site visits.
- Organising plant and materials for timely deliveries, including collecting and delivering materials in company vehicles.
- Ordering materials using the required purchase order system, following company procedures.
- Quality control snagging work and making sure it is specification compliant for warranties.
- Take photographs as and when required/appropriate and download into the project files.
- All requirements of resources of labour onsite must be in liaison and agreement with either MD/QS or Contracts Manager before any labour is removed from any one site.
- To issue and collect from all subcontractors and direct labour all documentation required for audit purposes and accurate record keeping of all site diaries, day work sheets, Tool box talks and personnel records.
- Liaise with main contractors to ensure good relations are maintained and our performance/ on site requirements are clearly communicated and recorded.
- Assist by responding to issues raised by subcontractors or clients by assisting in enquiries and the identification of any remedial or follow up action if required.
- From time to time it may be necessary to represent the company at site meetings.
- Provide technical advice to subcontractors and direct labour and clients when required.
- To assist the project surveyor in day to day work activities such as logging and monitoring variations so that they are picked up and invoiced accordingly.
- To prepare information, as necessary, to aid in defending claims for loss or damages due to poor performance or defective work etc.
- To co-operate with health and safety and monitor subcontractor’s compliance with onsite Health & safety and take remedial action in the event of a breach of policy. Toolbox talks and Internal Site Safety Inspections and reports.
- Responsible for company Tools & Equipment. All tools and equipment are to be booked in and out in a timely fashion, kept in good working condition and must be signed for by the appropriate operative and any loss or damage will be recovered.
If you think you may be a suitable candidate for this, please contact Alex Walton at Atlas Employment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.