Manager / Assistant to Partners - independent Accountancy firm
Our client, an independent Surrey firm of Accountants have a newly created opening for an ACA or ACCA Qualified with some post qualification experience to assist the Partners with a variety of different projects. The firm has been steadily expanding and the time has come to take on a senior Qualified to assist with some of the more complex accounting work often carried out by one of the Partners. This is a key position within the firm and will report directly to the Partners however due to the nature of the role some flexible working/part time may be considered.
The purpose of the role is to effectively assist the Partners offering value added services to a range of clients primarily based in Surrey and Central London.
Responsibilities will likely include (although role will vary depending on projects and times of year)
- Manage a diverse range of clients across a variety of sectors providing a range of accounting services including working with some Groups including consolidation work
- Assisting the Senior Managers and Partners with some Audit clients
- There will be plenty of project work to include working with clients who are planning to raise finance, or perhaps preparing for sale, offering clients relevant tax solutions and working closely with the Tax Partner
- Working in UK GAAP, IFRS and working with an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Assisting with the supervision of some more junior members of staff and assisting with some Audit work where necessary
- Assisting with client development and meeting with clients regularly
You will be;
- ACA /ACCA qualified or equivalent with relevant post qualification experience
- A self-starter who is comfortable working with a varied and changing work load
- Conversant with all accounting principles and ideally some up to date Audit exposure
Part Time hours may be considered with the flexibility at busy periods. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and an experienced team of accountants and enjoy a guaranteed good work / life balance.
The salary banding has been set at approximately £50,000 to £60,000 (to be prorated if you are part time). The role is commutable with ease within the Sutton, Croydon, Wimbledon and Epsom areas.
Fletcher George provides a Financial Recruitment service. We welcome all relevant applications to the above role however due to the volume of responses Fletcher George can ONLY respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale. Please attach a short covering note when you apply detailing your current earnings, place of residence and ideal role / hours.