Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are recruiting for a Management Accountant for a exciting manufacturing business based near Sutton in Ashfield. This is a newly created position due to the growth of the business
Reporting into the UK Finance Director your responsibilities shall include:
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual accounts of the company (turnover approx. £22m)
- Explanation and investigation of variances.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Management accounts, including the balance sheet reconciliations.
- Close involvement in the quarterly and annual stock take process. Ensure the stock costing model is updated on a regular basis.
- Preparation of sales and profitability reports. Liaise with the Operational Managers regarding the profitability of product lines/customers.
- Support to the Operational Managers.
- Ad hoc projects. The focus will be on control and profitability improvements.
- Understand and monitor Bill of Materials for accuracy.
- Close monitoring, reporting and control over the overhead expenditure.
- Responsible for preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Process improvement within both the accounting and operational areas. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop with the role.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the purchase ledger clerk. Assisting with queries and ensuring that working capital is minimised.
- Ensure correct VAT/intra-stat reporting.
- Provision of information in relation to operational cashflow.
- Liaise with the Payroll department in Doncaster in respect of salary costs.
- Assist with Corporate Governance issues. "Sarbanes- Oxley" type reporting and audits. Ensure the Internal controls and the Group procedures and policies are adhered to.
To be suitable for this vacancy , you shall require:
- Qualified Accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Experience of ERP systems, in particular stock and costing models/systems.
- Experience in a similar manufacturing/distribution companies.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people across different countries/areas of the business.
- A good eye for detail, whilst also having the ability to see the bigger picture.
Parking, pension, 25 days holiday
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.