I am excited to be working with a rapidly growing Bakery business who are now seeking a Store Manager to join their expanding team, based at their store in Aberdeen.
The primary purpose of the Store Manager role will be to ensure the smooth running and management of all aspects of the store including recruiting, training & developing staff and maximising sales whilst providing an attentive & efficient service to all customers.
Duties will include:
- Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff, ensuring relevant company policies & HR procedures are followed
- Conduct staff appraisals and create & manage staff rotas
- Drive & monitor the performance of individuals to increase business, managing selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, in order to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction
- Co-ordinate and supervise staff so that the standards of customer service, cleanliness, food preparation, food safety and operational standards are maintained
- Plan, forecast, and report on sales, costs and business performance
- Plan and implement promotional strategy and activities
- Manage cash systems in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with staff and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Audit stock and assets in line with company rules, manage, maintain and report as necessary on all merchandise and non-merchandise stock.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to HACCP requirements, company policy and relevant law
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required
- Opening and closing of the store adhering to all matters of security
- Be able to perform any role within the store and step in to cover such roles if needed
(A full job description will be available upon successful application)
Skills and Experience required:
- At least 2 years experience as a manager or team leader within a food service environment
- Knowledge of the food industry including COSHH and HACCP regulations
- Strong people management experience including HR procedures such as appraisals, contracts & disciplinary/performance
- Minimum of Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate is essential
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a personable nature
- Strong organisational skills
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Flexible, ambitious and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience of high standard business catering including buffet breakfasts/lunches would be desirable
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as future progression opportunities for the right candidate.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Abbie Wilson at QI Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret to inform you that if you do not hear from us within 7 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion