The production and transfer of C.N.C machine tool programs together with details of the relevant tooling/fixturing, in order to enable efficient machining of components to planned methods and allowed times.
- The preparation of C.N.C machine tool programs and applicable planning in line with departmental procedures, utilising off-line C.A.M facilities and working to a standardised tooling library wherever practical.
- The preparation of machine tool setting sheets and identification of special tooling/fixturing needs.
- Conversion of proven programs to alternative machines and providing the necessary setting information.
- To ensure that these programs /setting sheets are available to the required manufacturing timescale.
- To provide shop floor technical backup of C.N.C programs/controls.
- The sealing of proven programs/setting sheets and backing up to the database.
- To ensure that existing C.N.C programs conform to the required drawing/planning issues and are correct to their operation description.
- Awareness of touch probing for setting and tool measurement in the generation of C.N.C programs.
- Utilisation of the most cost effective tooling in line wherever possible with the Company's standard tooling library.
- To be conversant with C.A.D facility for generating/accessing customer drawing (C.A.M source files), when department backup is required.
- To assist in the production and editing of detailed planning sheets, where possible utilising CAM generated information.
- To assist in evaluation of machine tool capabilities.
- To provide CAD geometry/dimensioning to assist shop floor personnel in modification of old programs or dimensional verification.
- To provide training on CNC controls in line with the Company's requirements.
- To set/prove out and optimise CNC programs on shop floor as required by the Company.
- The preparation of C.M.M programs, utilising off-line C.A.M facilities.
This role is advertised by USP Recruitment Services Ltd who operate as an Employment Business. Due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reply to each one personally but thank you for your interest in this role. Should you not hear from us within five working days it is likely on this occasion your application has not been successful.