Account Handler - Insurance
Account Handler, Insurance, Poole, Dorset
Our client is a fast-growing, independent insurance broker based in Poole. Due to continued expansion, they are currently looking to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic account handler to work within their Marine Trade & Cargo area.
The successful individual would ideally have some previous insurance experience, preferably in the marine environment, although this is not essential. THIS MAY SUIT A RECENTLY QUALIFIED GRADUATE WITH SOME PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE - OR SOMEONE WITH COMMERCIAL INSURANCE EXPERIENCE (PARTICULARLY ON SME PRODUCTS). An interest in the Marine sector is again preferable but not required as someone who demonstrates an ambitious nature will be seen in a positive light.
The salary for this role would be £22,000 plus parking fees covered plus benefits.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to build a career with one of the fastest growing and most successful independent brokerages in the South and South West.
To provide a quality service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements. To develop insurance and associated business for both existing and new clients.
- Take instructions relating to the provision of insurance cover from clients and Directors/Account Executives when appropriate.
- Maintain responsibility for the provision of insurance cover for clients.
- Visit clients as necessary to review and service insurance needs.
- Give instructions to insurance providers.
- Check policy documents (including endorsements) for accuracy prior to receipt by clients.
- Responsibility for accounting entries and collection of premiums.
- Negotiate terms and quotations for renewal business.
- Obtain and put forward quotations for new business.
- Ensure that diary checks are maintained
- Placing of insurance is to follow our clients Insurance Broking strategy.
- To input all client, policy, risk and claim data into Acturis as per the Acturis procedures guide.
- Ensure electronic calendars are up to date and representative of all activities.
- Build relationships with insurers and customers.
- Liaise with Account Executives/Managers to identify and maximise business opportunities.
- Be conversant and compliant with all procedural requirements and internal control standards.
- Ensure adherence to Regulatory requirements in all areas, achieving these in the most efficient manner.
- At all times ensure the fair treatment of Customers is made the priority and, in respect of all business activities undertaken, that the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are actively considered and acted upon.
Representing our client
- Champion our clients brand and core values of professionalism, flexibility, teamwork and care and represent the business both internally within the Group and in dealing with external interests.
- Other duties as directed by Directors / Managers / Account Executives
Insurance, Insurance Broker, Marine Trades, Account Handler, Commercial Account Handler, Account Manager, Marine, Insurance Consultant, Graduate